Crafting Your Way to NY Weight Loss

Sent in by Amanda From Pasadena

I know it sounds funny, but trust me a good hobby can help your cause. With the holidays over and your New Year's commitment to taking better care of yourself, it's even more important to limit the everyday snacking pitfalls. If you're like me, you indulged over the holidays and now it's time to get back to better choices for 2017 and beyond.

There are tons of tricks, like brushing your teeth right after dinner, but they don't always keep me from snacking or just pigging out. What does work for me is knitting. Of course, any craft that you use your hands in will do. Scrap booking, needlepoint, quilting, jewelry making all will keep you busy. I've found that knitting in front of my favourite show curbs my urge to have a snack. I focus on what I'm doing instead of eating out of habit or ou of boredom.

As a bonus you will learn a new skill and can get a head start on presents for next year. I taught myself to knit from a book and there are plenty of beginner's kits you can get. You can also take a look at learn-to-knit.com or knittinghelp.com to get a start.

If you're not sure what you're interested in take a trip to your Michaels, A.C. Moore, or local craft store. Wonder around a little and see what appeals to you. Something might tickle your interest.

No comments:

Resistance Bands

Resistance_Bands_SlimmerSize